1 Parties and Application of these Terms
2 Intellectual property rights
- The Alliance Pharmacy App is subject to copyright and possibly other intellectual property rights.
- We grant you a limited, non-transferable licence to access and use the Alliance Pharmacy App solely for your personal, non-commercial purposes.
- We (or our licensors) retain all right, title, and interest in and to the Alliance Pharmacy App, and nothing you do on or in relation to the Alliance Pharmacy App will transfer any intellectual property rights to you or (except for the licence referred to in paragraph 2(a)) permit you to exercise any intellectual property rights unless this is expressly stated.
3 Privacy notice
In using the Alliance Pharmacy App, you may give us personal information, including health information. We understand that the information you provide to us when you use the Alliance Pharmacy App is very important and potentially sensitive, and we take your privacy very seriously. By using the Alliance Pharmacy App and viewing our privacy notice, you grant us consent to collect, store, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with our privacy notice. The privacy notice will also be available on the Alliance Pharmacy App.
4 Accuracy of content
- Information on the Alliance Pharmacy App is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to medical or any other advice on which you should rely, and is not a substitute for the advice of a health care provider. We are not a medical organisation and cannot give you any medical advice or diagnose conditions. You should obtain professional, specialist or medical advice (as applicable) before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content of the Alliance Pharmacy App.
- Your use of the Alliance Pharmacy App is on the understanding that the Alliance Pharmacy App only shows you information about you that your selected pharmacy/ies collects and is held on the Guildlink database. Prescription information or professional service information about you from non-selected pharmacies will not appear in your App account.
- The Alliance Pharmacy App should not be used to communicate with your selected pharmacy/ies, including in relation to any adverse reaction that you may experience in relation to any medication.
- While every effort has been made to show as accurately as possible the content forming part of the Alliance Pharmacy App, we cannot guarantee that your mobile phone screen, or the screen or monitor of any other device you use to access the Alliance Pharmacy App, will display such content accurately.
- Some of the information on the Alliance Pharmacy App may be provided by third parties, including: your prescription and professional service history provided by Alliance Pharmacy member pharmacy; location and contact details for pharmacies and other health care service providers; your Medicare information; Consumer Medicines Information (CMIs) sourced from pharmaceutical manufacturers; and Google Maps data. While we believe that these third parties are reliable sources of this information, we cannot guarantee that this information is always accurate, up-to-date or complete.
Registration and Your Data
- You are required to sign up to use the Alliance Pharmacy App either electronically through the relevant app store, or in person at your selected Alliance Pharmacy member pharmacy/ies.
- In order to sign you up, we are required to follow certain identification protocols to confirm your identity or to confirm the identity of a child or other person under your care or for who you are responsible for. This will occur either through our online identity verification process or in person at the pharmacy you attend. Where you sign up at an Alliance Pharmacy member pharmacy, or alternatively where you sign up online but are already registered with a pharmacy, that pharmacy will record and facilitate your sign up using the GuildCare software associated with the Alliance Pharmacy App, which will generate an activation token, either by an SMS being sent to your phone with a unique sign up token and a link to the Alliance Pharmacy App or by any other mode we deem suitable. You can then download the Alliance Pharmacy App and enter your token to register to use the Alliance Pharmacy App. Alternatively, where you sign up to use the Alliance Pharmacy App electronically and are not already registered with a Alliance Pharmacy member pharmacy, you will need to go through our online identity verification process to ensure your details match those we hold on the GuildLink database.
- As the Alliance Pharmacy App is connected to the GuildCare software, you may be asked to confirm if certain pre-populated fields are correct. In addition, you will be required to provide an email address and select a password. You must also set up a PIN. You may change your PIN at a later stage. You must not share your password or PIN with anyone else and must take reasonable steps to ensure that your password or PIN is secure and cannot be accessed by any unauthorised person. If you have lost or forgotten your login name, password, or PIN you may follow the prompts to request that these be reset or re-issued, providing always that you can confirm the necessary security steps.
5.2 Your Data
- You must not provide any material through the Alliance Pharmacy App (Your Data) that:
- infringes the intellectual property rights or any other rights of another person;
- would breach any applicable laws; or
- would otherwise result in civil or criminal liability for you, us or any third party.
- By providing us with any of Your Data, you:
- warrant that you have the right to grant such licence.
6 Cancellation and variation
- You may cancel your registration and discontinue using the Alliance Pharmacy App at any time electronically by following the prompts on the Alliance Pharmacy App.
- You may also cancel your registration by attending your selected pharmacy/ies and advising them to process the cancellation on your behalf.
- If you have consented to your records being accessible by either a parent/carer or another responsible person, you may revoke this consent by attending your selected pharmacy/ies and advising them that you have now revoked consent for either the parent/carer or another responsible person to have access to your records via the Alliance Pharmacy App. We will disable their access to your records within a reasonable period of you revoking your consent.
- We may from time to time vary, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part or all of the Alliance Pharmacy App.
- You may update the Alliance Pharmacy App with any new releases, versions or amendments (Update) as made available in the App store from time to time. To the extent permitted by law, no warranty is provided by us as to the operation of the Alliance Pharmacy App insofar as an Update is made available in the App store, you fail to install that Update and the operational performance of the Alliance Pharmacy App is affected by that Update.
7 General restrictions
In using the Alliance Pharmacy App, you must not:
- provide us with inaccurate or incomplete information;
- violate any applicable laws, or use the Alliance Pharmacy App for any purpose that is unlawful;
- distribute viruses, spyware, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of any mobile, smart device or computer hardware or software;
- collect or store data about other users of the Alliance Pharmacy App or other individuals unless you have the explicit consent from someone for whom you care to do so; or
- engage in any other conduct that inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Alliance Pharmacy App.
- In particular, and without limiting paragraph 8:
- while we endeavour to provide a convenient and functional App, we do not guarantee that that your requirements will be met or that your use of the Alliance Pharmacy App will be uninterrupted, error free or that the Alliance Pharmacy App is free of viruses or other harmful components;
- which occurs outside of our digital systems (such as those which occur while being sent over the internet); and
- we cannot be responsible for any third party communications, including communications between you and a pharmacy, and CMIs.
- You must install and use up-to-date anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software on your mobile phone, computer or other device you use to access the Alliance Pharmacy App. You acknowledge that the operation of the Alliance Pharmacy App may be affected and you may suffer loss and damage, including loss and corruption of personal information, if you fail to comply with this obligation in the mobile phone, computer or other device is affected by a virus, Trojan or other malicious software.
- in the case of goods, the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of the goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; or
- in the case of services, the supplying of the services again, or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- Our liability to you is diminished to the extent that your acts or omissions (or those of a third party) contribute to or cause the loss or liability.
9 Links and advertisements
- The Alliance Pharmacy App may contain links or references to other third party apps or websites, and also advertisements which may include embedded links. We have not reviewed any of the references or sites linked to the Alliance Pharmacy App and are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any off-site pages or any other apps or sites referenced in or linked to the Alliance Pharmacy App. The inclusion of any link, reference or advertisement does not imply that we endorse the linked site or reference, or the subject matter of the advertisement.
- Sometimes our App provides access to digital navigation services (including Google Maps) to allow you to locate pharmacies and other health services/providers. By accessing the Google Maps service through our App, you agree to be bound by Google’s terms of service, which can be accessed at: https://www.google.com/policies/terms/.
10 Force Majeure
Neither party will be liable for any failure or delay in performing any of its obligations under these
terms if such delay is caused by circumstances beyond that party’s reasonable control.
- Your use of the Alliance Pharmacy App is conducted electronically and you agree that we may communicate with you electronically for all aspects of your use of the Alliance Pharmacy App, including sending you electronic notices.
- No waiver, delay or failure by us to take any action will constitute or be construed as a waiver of that or any other term, condition, option, privilege or right we may have.